March 8 & 9, 2014
Presented by Lake Wales Arts Council
A 43 year old tradition of celebrating and exhibiting quality works of art by fine artists and artisans. The festival attracts up to 30,000 visitors each year to the shores of our beautiful lake in LakeWales.
On line application using ZAPP®, the one-stop universal application system www.ZAPPlication.org –FREE to all artists. All applications are processed through ZAPP®.
An anonymous panel of experienced jurors selects the artists for the Lake Wales Arts Festival 2014. Jurying is based solely on the images submitted and acceptance goes to highest scoring artists. A waiting list will be kept. Jury’s decisions are final.
Friday, January 15
– Application deadline (ZAPPlication)
Friday, January 24
– Notification of artist accepted for show
Friday, March 7
– Registration and set up: 1pm to 5pm
–Art-B-Que Festival kick-off 6 pm
Saturday, March 8
– Registration and set up: 7am to 9 am
– Continental Breakfast for artist: 7am to 9:30 am
– Judging of Exhibits starts: 9:30 am
– Award Ribbon presentation: 3 pm
– Arts Festival opens: 10 am to 5pm
– Awards Celebration and checks distribution: 6 pm
Sunday, March 9
– Continental Breakfast for artists: 7am to 9:30 am
– Arts Festival open: 10 am to 5 pm
Security is provided from Friday 5 pm until Sunday 5 pm
Each year awards selection is made by a different judge and without regard to category.
Best of Show $4000
Judge’s Award – Exceptional Work (1) $2500
CB&T Award – Exceptional Work (1) $2500
Award of Excellence (4 @$1000) $4000
Award of Distinction (5 @ $500) $2500
Award of Merit (5 @ $300) $1500
NEW! People’s Choice Award (1) $ 500
Purchase Awards in 2013 $11,500
Arts Festival Rules and Application form are located on line: www.ZAPPlication.org. This service is free to artists.
NEW! Popular Food Trucks will provide festival food Saturday – Sunday.
Questions? Contact: Lake Wales Arts Council by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
What Artists Say about Lake Wales Arts Festival:
- We Love Your Show! Don’t think you can make it better!!
- Very good quality artist friendly show – great committee and volunteers.
- You all are Awesome!
- See you next year – we love the show.